Forget Me Not Dots Blanket


Hello all!

It is grim and grey day here today and so thoughts of podcasting have left me in favour of bundling up with the twinkling fairy lights and the flickering glow of candles whilst the rain pours down around me.  The plus side of all this is that I thought I'd take advantage of the change of plan to share the pattern for this beauty of a blanket with you all, now that it's ready to go.

I finished this one before Christmas and in my post 'The blanket that made itself, almost!' I shared the story of it's making, along with plenty more pics, of course.


I also know that some of you sweet people out there are waiting for this pattern to appear, having made a start on your own blankets, or having got some yummy squishy yarn all ready to go.  So, it's rather nice to get it out there for you, without the usual waiting time of six months to a year or so which seems to be my usual turn around time of late... I guess I just have to accept that it's true, my patterns do take a lot of time.  ;)

But enough of all that.  The point is, it's here!  So let's get to it.

As usual with my patterns, I have the written directions, which I try to make as clear as possible and I've also included extra information to help you out with anything tricky.  Links to tutorials, a photo guide for a special stitch I've put in and I've also included all the details of exactly the colours I used and how I arranged the squares and joins.

So, if you want, you can replicate this blanket exactly.  Or not, depending on your preference.  If you do want to change things up, I've given you a guide to yardage requirements for other dk weight yarns and you can easily adapt the size with the number of squares you want to use.  The border will work out just fine as long as your squares are the same size as mine, so you don't need to worry.

Oh, and... I did charts too!

I seem to be more and more into charts these days, I find that in design terms, I think in charts, if that makes any sense at all?  So, I'm keen to add them to my patterns where I can and I'm also getting better at making them, so that's good news.  The border chart for this one was a bit of an epic task in fact, but I did it and I think it came out pretty good.  I'm actually quite proud of it.  I hope the chart lovers among you will approve.  (Fingers crossed)

I'm also trying something new with the price and this pattern is going to be available super duper cheaply.  You'll have to follow the link to get the exact amount for your country/currency, but if you are in the UK it can be yours for a mere £2.  Very barginous indeed!*



: :  FORGET ME NOT DOTS BLANKET  : :

by Sandra Paul


For full pattern details and correct pricing, see the link below:


Forget Me Not Dots Blanket

: :




As always, I very much hope you enjoy using this pattern and I also love to see your beautiful makes.

If you'd like to share, pop over to my Ravelry group, Cherry Hearts Cozy Corner,
or tag your pictures... #CherryHeart


: :


*In the interests of full disclosure, what I am selling is a pattern for the entire blanket, the square motif, the layout, the border, the charts, etc.  But there are other versions of the square motif this blanket uses that are freely available, so if it's just the square you are after, check out the links at the bottom of  this post.



S x



#CherryHeart

SUBSCRIBE:

     

Comments

  1. What a surprise to log on and find your lovely pattern waiting for me to purchase. I have been checking every day for I love this particular pattern and I adore the edging so cleverly done. Congratulations for another lovely pattern.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I’m so happy you like it and I really hope you enjoy making yours as much as I did.

      S x

      Delete
    2. I'm sure I will - I plan on making this one in a DK cotton but I want to make it a little bigger for my bed. I haven't read through the entire pattern yet but I am anxious about having to enlarge the border....

      Delete
    3. Don’t worry, all will be well! As long as you are making the same size squares as mine (5 rounds), it won’t matter if you use more of them it total, the border will still work the same. 👍

      S x

      Delete
  2. YAY!!!!!!!!! have been checking your blog daily, and here it is!!!!!!! (I am a regular reader anyway xx)off to buy right now. Many many thanks for this, I now have many happy hours in front of me xxxxxx
    p.s. just finished my 4th spice of life blankie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you treasure! Thanks so much and I hope you have fun with this one too.

      S x

      Delete
  3. This is such a pretty blanket. I did search for the block when you started it but as you did all the hard work on the gorgeous border I'll save myself that headache..
    Thank you so much.
    Happy new year. I love your posts and podcasts. Between you and Sam you turned me into a bloggy/ podcast enthusiast during 2017 :) so thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We’ll i shall tell Sam too, we love a bloggy/podcast convert! 😉😘

      S x

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for getting this out so quickly. I now have the pattern to go with the yarn and can start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thank you sweet Carole, I hope you have fun. Xx

      Delete
  5. I just bought the pattern and I'm going to make it as a baby blanket! How many squares would you recommend for that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’ve been checking your blog daily and here it is, yeah!!!��
    It’s sooooo beautiful!!!! I just bought it and now I’m planning my weekend to start this gorgeous blanket. Thank you so much.
    Isabel xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm pleased you found it in time for the weekend. I hope you enjoy it!

      S x

      Delete
  7. Love the pattern and the super lovely border. Bought my pattern already. Thanks for the pattern at such a great price too. Lita x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cosying up with twinkly lights and candles sounds like just the thing to do on a grey and damp day. My plan for tomorrow! Gorgeous blanket...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just purchased pattern. Already have my Debbie Bliss yarn for the blanket. Got to finish my Faded Roses Blanket first. Thank you for all your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I just love this blanket! Your border Sandra is utterly beautiful. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the design and pattern as well. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice blankets. I am loving the designs. It was really so beautiful. Thanks

    ReplyDelete