Fibre East 2016


I promised I'd be back to give you a little taste of the Fibre East fun and I have to say this year was my favourite yet.

Maybe it's because now I know what a big event this is, I make sure I prepare accordingly.  By preparing I mean having a few months of yarn spending abstinence and some serious saving.  That part is pretty tough, but utterly worth it to have a bit of a wedge to take on the day, because I knew I'd need it!

The top photo, as you might have gathered, is my booty from the day.  Well most of it anyway, there's a little more which you'll see at the bottom of the post.  I didn't go with too much of a shopping list or a plan at all but I certainly made a few while I was there.  My head is spinning with lots of new ideas and things I want to make right now!

I've taken a few pictures of give you an idea of the kind of fabulousness available...


Easy Knits 


Five Moons 

Renee Callahan Designs of East London Knit

 Kettle Yarn Co


 My Goodies

Basket: Basket Basket
Yarn:
Easy Knits
Truly Hooked
Five Moons 
The Travel Knitter
The Knitting Swede


More of My Goodies!

Baskets: Basket Basket
T-Shirt Yarn: Creative You

As is rapidly becoming a little tradition with us, I went with my yarny bud Sam from Betsy Makes.  This time we visited on the Sunday and it was apparently quite a bit quieter than the Saturday but I think it was actually quite enjoyable for that.  It wasn't too crowded on the stands so you could get to see things easily and there certainly didn't seem to be any shortage of lovely things to buy at every turn.

It's hard to give you an idea of the scale of the event and all that was on offer from just a few photos but there are 3 halls and then another 3 huge marques packed full of yarny delights, plus some extra outside stands from local craft organizations and a sheep shearing show.  You'll find every yarn related craft, equipment and expert you can think of there from knitting, crochet, spinning, weaving, rug making, felting, needles, hooks, yarn bowls, spinning wheels, looms, spindles, haberdashery, food, drink, sheep and a new meet up area this year too.  Pretty awesome!

: :

If you want to get a real feel of being there, Mina of The Knitting Expat has a great Fibre East vlog showing her trip there this year, which I still enjoyed watching even though I'd seen it all with my own eyes.

: :

I'll show you all my lovely goodies in a little more detail soon.  Probably when I next manage to get a podcast up but if there's anything that's absolutely calling to you in the meantime, then please just give me a shout and I'll let you know what it is in more detail.

Have a lovely August 


S x




SUBSCRIBE:

   



Comments