We've all been on a...

Summer Holiday!

Well, technically an Easter Holiday I suppose but as it will be serving as our family get away and dose of sun worship for the year, I'm going with Summer Holiday.  See, how warm and inviting it all looks.


This has been a bit of a departure for us because since The Child was born we have been sticking to holidays in England or France.  Generally the format would be renting a cottage, so that we could cater for the Little One's needs easily but now that she's getting a bit older we thought the time was right for something a tad more adventurous, so this year we decided to brave a four hour plane ride and jetted off to Fuerteventura for a week of sun, sand, sea, wind and even rain!

I must confess to being a little sceptical about this holiday.  My Darling Child does not always handle change well and can be 'sleep resistant' shall we say?  However, she did me very proud and not only handled the long journey and reasonably late nights very well, but also put up beautifully with the two hour flight delay on the way home, which meant that we landed at Gatwick in the early hours of the morning, still needing to drive a few hours to get home. 

I'm making it all seem like problems, with talk of rain, flight delays and a potentially awkward child to deal with but none of my fears were realised and we had a lovely time.  It was an 'inclusive' deal which worked wonderfully well for the little ones on the trip.  A steady supply of drinks and ice-cream on demand make for contented children and a happy holiday it seems.  We also travelled with some close family members who have a little boy of a very similar age, so the children were happy to play their own games in the pool or the beach sometimes, so I even got some relaxing and reading in.  Rare pleasures indeed!

I have a few more holiday moments to show you but you know, I really didn't think for one moment about taking some interesting photos I could share on here.  Silly me!  I guess I'm too new to blogging but it simply didn't occur to me I'm afraid.  Here's what I've managed to scrape together from the snaps we took though...






Beautiful moments to remember.  I do love pouring over old holiday photos, it'll be great to look back on these in a year or two.



But now, I must away and work on my Roses and Daisies blanket, which hasn't seen the light of day for over a week now.  I carefully made sure I had enough space in my suitcase to cram in the upteen and one colours I'm working with, so I could get some squares done while I was away but they never made their way out of the project bag in all the time I was there and I didn't dare take them as hand luggage in case my hook got confiscated.  In all honesty, I didn't really even give them a thought which is probably no bad thing!  I am glad to be getting back to them though, they are coming along rather well and looking very sunny, happy and colourful.

Something to share in the next post I think....

S x

Comments